I’ll tell you now, I’m super excited about Independence Day this year and I made this fun July 4th Sparkler Champ T-Shirt sublimation DIY to go ahead and build my joy!
It’s a simple and fast craft (as all sublimation is, honestly) but it’s got a lot of personality with all the boom, pop and whiz-bang that I expect from a July 4th shirt. I mean, who doesn’t love a dozen or so fireworks on a shirt?! And confetti?! It’s like this shirt was made for me. Or by me. LOL!
A cute and easy design that really does scream “patriotic joy”, I feel like creating this July 4th Sparkler Champ T-Shirt sublimation DIY was just the thing I needed to really bring a pop of color to my summer options here. I mean, let’s talk about how this shirt doesn’t even have to be for July-wearing.
It’s so cute, it would be fine for Memorial Day, Veterans Day, New Years…it’s like any patriotic holiday that you might find a sparkler in your hand. And the kiddos?! It’s a no-brainer that they’re going to LOVE this shirt. Seriously.
What Do you Need to Make This July 4th Sparkler Champ T-Shirt Sublimation DIY
You’ll need these materials to make your sparkler shirt for July 4th:
Then you’ll need the following tools:
- Sublimation Printer
- Heat Press
- Butcher Paper
- Heat-Safe Tape
- EasyPress Mat
- Card Stock
- Sublimation Paper
What’s the Best Sublimation Printer?
I just prepared a big analysis of the pros and cons (and everything between) of the two printers that I feel are best for sublimation printing in your home or small office. You can read through that here and figure out what’s going to work best for you and what you plan to do.
Do You Have to Have a Sublimation Printer?
You do not. You can get custom sublimation prints shipped to you from a lot of places like Etsy. I haven’t personally purchased from them, because I have my own sublimation printer, but there are whole businesses built around buying these pre-printed sublimation prints to make the shirts they sell. So, it’s totally up to you if you feel the desire to buy your own printer or purchase the prints.
What’s the Best Heat Press to Use for Sublimation?
Like with the sublimation printers, I’m not going to go into a super amount of detail about this because I honestly just went through a huge analysis of which heat press is the best that you can find here. You use all that information I pulled together and make the decision that’s best for you and your crafting needs!
Tips to Make This July 4th Sparkler Champ T-Shirt Sublimation DIY
In case this is your first time making anything with this method, here’s a couple of tips to help make your sublimation t-shirt a success:
- Make sure that your t-shirt is flat, flat, flat. I’m not kidding. If there’s a little wrinkle in it (front or back of the shirt) where the design is going to go, that will affect the way your sublimation ink penetrates the fabric. So, you’ll really want that flat. If that means ironing your shirt before you heat-press it, do it. You won’t be sorry you skipped it.
- Do not heat-press your shirt for too long. You will actually burn the ink into your material and it will be a sad day. So, use the timer on your Easy Press or set a timer on your phone. Do whatever you have to do to make sure your design doesn’t stay on too long.
- Conversely, do NOT move your heat-press until the timer goes off. I cannot tell you how unhappy you’ll be if you scoot it around. There’s going to be wiggly, fuzzy lines and it’ll just look bad. So, use that timer.
- No jokes, I am not kidding about the material for your shirt. You can’t use cotton. You have to use polyester. So, make sure you use a shirt with polyester, or the ink will look faded and won’t set – and it’ll wash out when you wash the shirt.
Free Sparkler Champ Sublimation Design
Now that you’re armed with all the information you need, keep scrolling for the step-by-step tutorial to make your July 4th t-shirt.
Isn’t that simple?! If you’re loving this fun sublimation craft but you’re not quite ready to break out the heat press yet, be sure to pin this to your favorite easy craft ideas board so you can find it again fast when you’re ready!
More Fun Easy Projects You Might Like
- Unicorn SVG for the 4th of July
- Infusible Ink T-shirt Idea| I’m Just Here For The Recess
- Easy Fourth Of July Wreath
- How To Make A Tshirt With Iron On Vinyl|With Tutorial Video