These paper easter eggs are fun for kids of all ages. This fun craft can make them with pastels or bright colors and they are a great way to get younger kids involved in making the easter decorations.
These eggs are great for working with fine motor skills and the bonus is they are not messy like paper mache eggs would be. All you need is a few simple supplies for this Easter egg craft, only scissors, paper (I like colorful scrapbook paper), and glue.
You could even make only half an egg, don’t close it and put it into an easter card. 3-dimensional pop-up cards are so much fun.
Pin This Post For Later
Easy Easter Egg Paper Craft For Kids
Save This Post For Later With The Button Above
This is a great craft if you teach young kids too! It is a fun activity as well as a fun easter craft.
You can grab my easter egg templates or make your own, making this a super easy easter craft.
Easter Egg Paper Craft For Kids
Paper eggs are not only fun to make during the easter season, but they also are great to toss into easter baskets. You could even loop and glue a piece of string to them before you close them to make your own paper egg ornaments.
To get started either cut out an egg shape from your paper piece, or you can. print out my free printable templates onto your paper. You can grab my free file below. To get it, enter your email address and I will send the file right over to you.
If you are looking for more easter crafts to try take a look at this Easy Wooden Bunny Craft and How To Make Shaving Cream Eggs For Easter. Both are the perfect way to spend a little time with the kids doing craft projects.
And this Easter Paper Plate Basket is a super fun easter project too!
How To Make Paper Easter Eggs?
For this project here is what you need:
- Construction paper or card stock (I like to use fun paper)
- White glue, paste, or hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Get Ready: Get your supplies together and choose some paper colors for your eggs. I like to use a combination of pastels and bright colors.
- Cut Out Eggs: Use your scissors to cut out the egg shapes from the paper. You can use our free template to make it easy! Just print the template onto the paper you want to use or hold the template against the paper and cut around it.
- Fold and Glue: Fold each egg shape in half. Then, put glue on one half and press another egg shape on top. Add as many layers of egg shapes as you like and then you will fold the 2 loose ends together and glue them shut.
- If You Want Them To Stand: Put a little hot glue on the bottom of each egg and stick it on a glass surface or a surface that is easy to pick the hot glue off of to make a flat base.
- Let Them Dry: Wait for all of the glue on your eggs to dry completely before moving them.
- Decorate: Once dry, display your eggs in a basket, use them as a centerpiece, or even hang them up for everyone to see!
Grab The Free Paper Easter Egg Template
Grab the free SVG!
Go to file #204 in the free resource library.
Where can I send the resource library files?
Crafting paper Easter eggs is a fun way to celebrate the holiday without the mess. With just a few supplies and some creativity, you can make adorable decorations that will bring joy to your home. So gather your kids and get ready to make some amazing Easter memories!
I would love for you to leave me a comment and let me know what you think about this fun easter paper craft.