I needed a fun wreath that really captured the fun colors I associate with summer. So I made this fun DIY summer wreath with and I also made this fun Hello Summer SVG just for you!
So the answer to sit and craft and create free designs to give to you!
How Do I Get The Hello Summer Design SVG Files For Cricut?
There is a form towards the bottom of this post that includes the files you need. You will get the summer quote SVG, DXF, PNG, PDF, and EPS files. These Hello Summer SVG files come in a zip file.
Just enter your email address and name into the form and it will be sent right to you. Once you unzip the files you will need to upload the appropriate file into Cricut Design Space to use with your Cricut cutting machine.
Follow the directions below for making the DIY Summer Wreath.
DIY Summer Wreath With Heat Transfer Vinyl
To clarify, making this DIY wreath was super easy and didn’t require me to really get up from my craft table. I did the whole DIY summer wreath while sitting in my chair!
What You Need to Make This DIY Summer Wreath With Heat Transfer Vinyl
- 10-inch Round Foam Wreath Form
- 1 Cotton Kitchen Cloth (I used these)
- Tie-Dye Set (I used this)
- Dark Yellow Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Bright Yellow Heat Transfer Vinyl
- White Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Pink Heat Transfer Vinyl
- 1 Piece Chipboard
- Good Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Explore Air 2 with Deep Cut Blade
- Large Bowl
- 4-5 Small Rubber Bands
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- The Free Download For This Hello Summer SVG
This fun DIY summer wreath is both easy and cheap, I grabbed most of what I used on Amazon.
Tips to Making A DIY Summer Wreath With Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Certainly, give yourself plenty of time to do the layering of the HTV. You really don’t want to rush it because then it may not turn outright. For example, love your lemon-and to do that, you’ll need to take your time and readjust as you go.
- For instance, you don’t need to feel like it has to be perfectly aligned, either. Above all, just make it organic it’s a lemon.
- Wear gloves when you tie-dye. Any kind will do. I have done it with the big yellow gloves here–but those latex gloves will work or any glove. Just protect your skin because you’ll have colorful cuticles if you don’t!
- Lastly, use more dye to color the whole kitchen towel or less dye to leave white spots. I went with fully saturated, but I might try making it again with some white spots-tie-dyeing was fun!
- Iron the kitchen towel after you let it dry. This will help set the colors, no matter what dye you’ve used. Plus, it’s going to make cutting the towel way easier than if you let it remain all wrinkly.
- Have fun when you’re placing the colorful bits of the towel on the flower wreath form. See a fun splash of color you like? Cut off the pieces on either side and make sure to place your pretty color on top!
- As for door decorations, this fun wreath was really easy to make. The fact that the supplies can be purchased for cheap makes things that much better!
Is it cheaper to make my own summer wreath?
Grab the free Hello Summer SVG
So, we all know that sometimes crafting our own decor can get expensive. That isn’t the case with this DIY Summer Wreath. Chances are if you are reading this you already have a Cricut Machine. I am giving you the SVG cut file Free and the rest of your supplies for this DIY project can be purchased at Dollar Store or Amazon for cheap.
You can definitely make this DIY Summer Wreath with Free Hello Summer SVG files for less then you can buy 1.