We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I was looking for a fun and easy craft to keep my little one busy, so I decided to teach her how to make pinwheels.
This papercraft was such a simple craft for kids, and this one is an amazing paper craft to exercise those fine motor skills.
If you are looking for more paper craft ideas make sure you keep following because I have plans for some great crafts involving paper and so much more.
How To Make Pinwheels
Even though these pinwheels don’t have moving parts, learning how to make pinwheels is a great step by step paper craft for kids using colored paper.
What activities develop fine motor skills?
The folding the diagonal lines when learning how to make pinwheels is great for helping to develop them.
It helps to coordinate the small muscles involved with using the hands and fingers. Lots of easy paper crafts are great for the development of motor skills.
What are some good paper craft ideas for children?
I have loved crafting my entire life and it all started when I was just a little girl. They started simple and I grew up and into more complex crafts. Below are a few good paper crafts for children.
What your favorite papercrafts?
- 4 pieces colored or patterned scrapbook paper
- glue stick
- 2 popsicle sticks
- 2 colored buttons
- Using 2 equal sized square papers
- Glue the both pieces together one over another, and allow the glue to dry
- Place the paper diagonally
- Fold it half horizontally, then open the fold
- Fold it in half again this time fold it vertically
- Make cuts halfway towards the center on all four points, along with creases
- Take the top points and bring it towards the center.
- Then glue it to the center.
- Move to the second point, and take the right cut area and glue it to the middle
- Glue all 4 right points of the pinwheel to the center
- Take a button and glue it on the middle of the pinwheel
- Take a popsicle stick and glue the popsicle stick on the back of the pinwheel