We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Being able to make your own Cricut coasters for your home will give you a great sense of accomplishment. If you follow these directions, you will have a great coaster to use around the house.
This project is quick and simple and will be fun to do. Following directions is the most important thing to the the outcome that you want.
The machine is very easy to use and the program that you use with it basically walks you through the steps of designing your own coaster and such.
This craft will require transfer tape and a few other materials that you will want to gather up before starting this craft. Once you are off, you will be finished in no time.
When you finish making your cute Cricut coasters, you have some options about what to do with them. You can use them in your house or gift them to someone else.
If you have a friend that moved into a new house or know a student at college, they will love to receive one of your DIY coasters. Handmade gifts are the most personal gifts.
It is so easy to get creative with this craft and make them unique. You can put names and/or quotes on this coaster -whatever you desire. The more custom they are, the better!
You will have so much fun with the Cricut coasters craft and you will love what you are left with when you are done. It will not take much time at all.
The Cricut machine is the best way to do your arts and crafts these days. There are so many fun projects that are made even easier by this machine, including these Cricut coasters.
- 4 - 4” ceramic tiles
- Cricut vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Cricut Weeder tool
- Cricut Spatula, or thick card
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Open Cricut Design Space
- Select “upload image”, and upload the SVG file.
- Once your image is uploaded, select the image, and click "insert image”.
- Resize the image until it is about 3.5” in height.
- Fit image into the corner of the canvas, and click “group” to group the image for cutting. Then hit “Attach”
- Click ”duplicate” three times and arrange them to fit the canvas.
- Click “Make It”.
- Apply your vinyl sheet to the Cricut Mat.
- Switch the Cricut machine’s dial to “vinyl”
- Follow the prompts on your screen to feed the mat into the machine, and to begin cutting.
- Once cutting is complete, feed the mat out of the machine.
- Using scissors or the paper cutter, cut each vinyl template to size, and cut transfer tape to that same size.
- Apply transfer tape, using a card or spatula tool to adhere the design to the transfer tape.
- Peel the vinyl backing so just the design is on the transfer sheet.
- Using the weeder tool, remove the excess vinyl from the design.
- Center design onto the tile, and adhere design with a card or spatula tool.
- Remove transfer tape from the design, and use the weeder to get out any extra vinyl in between the letters.
- Apply Mod Podge over the entire coaster using a foam brush.
- Allow to dry.