We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Making your own house decor is always fun as a child, and with this macrame rainbow, your child will be able to do just that! This nice and easy craft will be so fun.
Not only will they be able to be proud of their own creation, but they will also have a lot of fun while making it. There is nothing like crafting to pass the time.
In case you are not sure what a macrame rainbow is, I am going to explain it a little bit. Let me start by explaining the art of macrame and how it works.
Macrame is an art styles that consists of tying specific knots to make different patterns and textiles. These knotting techniques are very beautiful and will leave you with a great product.
For your rainbow, you will be doing just that-tying knots. It is a lot simpler than it sounds so there is no need to be worried.
The little ones will have so much fun making their own macrame rainbows. They will be able to take full credit and do whatever they want with them when they are done.
They can give their rainbows to friends as a gift or hang it in their room to show everyone how creative they are!
Speaking of creativity, that is the main material you need to come out with the best macrame rainbow craft. Creativity is what makes us all unique and arts and crafts are the perfect way to let it show!
There is so much fun to have with this macrame rainbow craft! The knots are simple and the product is simply beautiful!
There is so much fun that can be had with this macrame rainbow craft! The knots are simple and the product is beautiful!
- Cotton rope – thick
- Cotton rope – thin
- Colorful yarns – 3 different colors
- Tapestry needle
- Hot glue gun
- Determine the size of the macramé rainbow and ten prepare 3 pieces of ropes from the 1 cm thick rope bundle. Place the ropes on a flat surface and form the shape of a rainbow to measure the length required for each rope. Cut each rope according to the required size for the rainbow pattern.
- Grab a yarn bundle and any one of the rope cutouts. Leave an inch of the rope intact from either end and then tie the yarn around the rope tightly.
- Align the small open end of the tied yarn along the rope and start to wrap the yarn around the rope. Try to keep the wrapping as neat and adjacent as possible.
- Continue to wrap the yarn around the rope until an inch is left on the other end.
- Keep 2 inches extra on the open end of the yarn and then insert a tapestry through its open end.
- Draw the needle through the wrapped yarn and draw it outwards after crossing 5 more wrappings. Cut off the extra yarn. Similarly, prepare the rest of the ropes by wrapping them with different colored yarns.
- Take a piece of the felt and cut an arch shape out of the felt from its bottom side.
- Use hot-glue to attach the shortest yarn wrapped rope around the curved birder of the felt (along the bottom side of the felt).
- Attach the rest of the ropes one by one on the felt. After attaching all ropes on the felt, cut the felt along the outer border of the top rope.
- Open lose the twisted parts of the ropes on both open ends of the rainbow pattern.
- Attach pompoms along the top side of the macramé rainbow if you like to.