We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I had this old candle warmer thing I didn’t use any more, so I made this upcycled farmhouse birds nest centerpiece. So simple and super cute, it was the perfect little addition to my entryway spring decor!
The best part is that it all came from the dollar store and my craft stash I had in from last year’s spring craft haul, so I didn’t even have to leave the house. Just toss together some goodies and you’re looking at spring fever!
I mean, I know this is just a little thing. Just a tiny, adorable bird nest. But that’s kind of what a birds nest is, right?
It’s a tiny little touch of nature that sits in a tree, gently nestling baby birdies. You might not even know it’s there. Except for this one that I totally made and sits prominently in my entry.
My favorite part is the combination of blue bird and little pop of yellow flower. I love those flowers. They just scream “spring”.
So, be sure to use some blue and yellow, because I’m all about that.
How to Make a Farmhouse Birds Nest Centerpiece
Now, the trick is to add just enough fluff to this to make it look like that little bitty birds nest, but not over-stuff with the moss and all that.
If you want your little birds nest to look natural, you’ll want to think like a bird does. Grab very few thicker items, mostly thin things. Maybe one or two feathers, and a few berries.
Do not go nuts.
And the same with the goodies on top, just sprinkles the extras, don’t go overboard.
Because birds are a little batty and take all sorts of good stuff, but they are strategic in their choices. So you be strategic in yours.
This easy farmhouse birds nest centerpiece is the most adorable DIY spring farmhouse decor piece that you can make in minutes.
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Clean any wax off of your candle warmer.
- Tuck a small handful of Spanish moss inside the small cavity of the candle warmer. Tuck two small eggs inside the cavity, on top of the moss.
- Add a small amount of moss to the top of the candle warmer and hot glue in place.
- Add twigs and hot glue the bird in place on top of that.
- Tuck leaves, a loose feather, flowers and other items in to the opening of the cavity and the top nest scene and hot glue them in place.
- Tie a bit of twine around the top of the cavity, where it meets with the bowl and enjoy!