Learning how to make a multi-color vinyl decal with Cricut is no easy task, but it’s also not as hard as you think either. In this tutorial, I use my Cricut Maker 3 to make a multi-color vinyl decal.
But you can use your Cricut Explore Air or whatever cutting machine you have. Even the Cricut Joy.
When I make Cricut vinyl decals I like to use pieces of a lint roller to transfer my design. To be more specific I use these pet lint rollers.
Also, parchment paper makes it so easy to line up your designs. It doesn’t stick to the sticky portion of whatever tape you are using and it makes lining the vinyl layers up a complete breeze!
Cricut Multi-Color Vinyl Decal
In Cricut Design Space you are going to design the decal using basic text if you are following this tutorial. If you want to challenge yourself a bit, you can also use this same technique using single-color images and the offset to make a decal too.
You also don’t have to stop at 2 layers of vinyl for your decal, but I recommend that you don’t make it too thick.
What Kind Of Vinyl Should I Use To Make Multi-Color Vinyl Decals?
Honestly, any permanent vinyl works. I used this Kassa holographic vinyl for mine. Believe it or not, all of these images show the same decal, it kind of shifts color depending on how the light hits it!
How To Make A Decal With Cricut?
- Design your multi-color vinyl decal.
- Its helpful if you know where you plan to use it, like will it be a car decal, 1 for a cup, or something completely different.
- You can also upload a premade, purchased cut files or svg files.
- Apply the permanent adhesive vinyl to your cutting mat.
- With your Cricut machine, cut the multi-colot vinyl according to the directions below.
- After you have it all cut out grab your weeding tool and get rid of the excess vinyl.
- Apply the transfer tape over the top layer of the vinyl and use a scraper to make sure it is attached. Repeat this with the offset layer.
Here are a few more Cricut Things to check out!
- How To Make Vinyl Decals Using Cricut Offset
- Easy DIY Vinyl Wall Decal
- How to Add Cricut Vinyl on Canvas
- Free Christmas SVG And Cricut Ornament Tutorial
- Cricut Crafts and Projects