We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love this easy DIY Vinyl Wall Decal, yet another awesome girl-power piece for my daughter’s gallery wall in her bedroom. It’s so easy–and a fierce message girls need to hear!
Well, ok, so less a fierce message and more of a fearless message. Because there is a difference. And I guess I want my kiddo to be fearless–but, maybe not fierce.
At least, not fierce with me. LOL!
DIY Vinyl Wall Decal
In all seriousness, there’s a message here with this Cricut wall decal that girls in particular need to hear today. And if you don’t believe that little touches like this in their life can truly be the little bit of encouragement they need, you are crazy. It’s little nudges, little bumps, tiny messages, well, it all builds up to help create a great foundation of self-worth.
I love that I can add this to my daughter’s gallery wall in her room so it’s a reminder every day that she can and should be fearless.
What You Need to Make this Cricut Vinyl Wall Decal
This is a really easy project and you’re not going to need all that much stuff. You just need a few things to make it:
- Cricut Explore Air Cutting Machine or Silhouette Cameo
- White Cardstock
- Fun Flowers from Cricut Design Space
How to Make this DIY Vinyl Decal
Download and unzip the appropriate files, then load the SVG file into Cricut Design Space. Set the materials, pop the vinyl onto the cutting mat and cut the vinyl.
Fold or cut the colored cardstock while your vinyl is cutting. Pull the vinyl off the mat and weed out the voided areas. Cut a piece of transfer paper just large enough to cover your design and put the transfer paper over your design.
Remove any air between the design and the transfer paper with your scraper tool and then remove the paper backing. Place the design onto the glass on the frame, secure the middle then work on one side at a time to get the whole design down.
Again, use the scraper to transfer the vinyl from the transfer sheet onto the glass and peel the transfer tape off completely.
Repeat with each of the other panels.
I made the flowers using the images in Cricut Design Space. So you can do that, too.
Can You Turn This Wall Art into A Wall Decal?
Yes! No reason this free printable wall decal can’t be a wall sticker you apply to the wall. Feel free to get creative with this and make some peel and stick art the kiddos can move around. Don’t be afraid to get crazy with this. Just because I put it in a frame does not mean you have to be constricted.
What Can You Use DIY Wall Decals For?
- Nursery Wall Decals
- Living Room Wall Art
- Wall Decor for a Teacher Gift
- Cancer Patient Wall Art Gift
If you love this easy girl’s room wall art, be sure to pin it to your favorite easy craft ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it again when you’re ready to make a gift of it!
More Fun Cricut Projects You’ll Love
I love this easy DIY Vinyl Wall Decal, yet another awesome girl-power piece for my daughter's gallery wall in her bedroom. It's so easy--and a fierce message girls need to hear!
- Download and unzip and download the appropriate files.
- Load the file into Cricut Design Space.
- Set the materials and cut.
- Fold or cut the colored cardstock and set aside.
- In your cutting program resize the images to fit your frame and cut.
- Remove from the mat and weed out the voided areas.
- Cut a piece of transfer paper just large enough to cover your design.
- Place it over your design.
- Use your scraper to remove the air between the design and the transfer paper.
- Remove the paper backing by gently peeling it away.
- Place the design onto the glass on the frame, secure the middle then 1 side at a time.
- Again use the scraper to transfer the vinyl from the transfer sheet onto the glass.
- Repeat with the other panels.