Do you want to make your own easter baskets for your kids on Easter morning? Well, you’re in luck because I am showing you how to make your own Cricut Easter basket tags in this blog post!
These DIY tags add such a nice personal touch to your easter baskets. Plus, it is an easy and fun project to do!
This is a craft you could easily do with your kids, but you don’t have to. You could make a nice surprise for them instead!
Why You Should Make An Easter Basket For Your Kids
It wouldn’t be Easter for kids without collecting Easter eggs and other Easter treats. The easter egg hunt is definitely my kid’s favorite part of the day!
Plus, it’s a fun way for the family to spend quality time together.
These are also a good idea if you are hosting an Easter party or even an Easter-themed birthday party. It’s a great way to give every kid at the party their own unique basket where they can collect their Easter gifts!
How To Make Your Own DIY Easter Basket
You can make your own wicker baskets if you want. But I prefer to buy these at the store!
You can get them in various easter colors, and they aren’t too expensive, depending on where you shop.
Then, I like grabbing some tissue paper or lace to line the basket. This gives it a little extra personalization.
Lastly, I recommend adding a tag with your kid’s name. This will avoid any fights between your kids about whose basket is whose!
So, if you can get the wicker baskets and tissue paper at the store, how do you make the Easter basket tags? Let’s take a look!
What Tools You’ll Need To Make The Easter Basket Tags
If you are an avid Cricut crafter like me, you likely already have all the necessary tools. Here is the list!
- Cricut Machine (Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore, Cricut Joy, etc.)
- Light Blue Grip Cricut Mat
- Cricut Weeding Tool
- Cricut Scraper Tool
What Materials You’ll Need To Make These Easter Basket Tags
- Unfinished Wood Beads (I used a combination of larger and smaller beads.)
- Paint Brush
- White, Yellow, and Purple Chalk Paint (or any other soft pastel colors)
- Grey Oracle Permanent 651 Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- DAS Air Dry Paper Clay
- Bunny Shaped Cookie Cutter (And any different shapes you want, such as a carrot or egg shape.)
- Sheet of Wax Paper (optional)
- Straw or Cake Pop Stick
How To Make Cricut Easter Basket Tags
To get all the instructions, scroll to the end of this blog post. I’ve added all the information to a card you can print or download to your computer!
Other Easter Tag Ideas
Other Easter Crafts You Might Like
If you like this Easter craft, here are others you might like!
- Easter Paper Basket Craft
- Paper Plate Easter Bunny Craft
- Cricut Treat Boxes For Easter
- Free Easter SVG And Cricut Joy Mason Jar Idea
Easter SVG Files You’ll Love
Lastly, here are some SVG files you can use to make other Easter crafts with your Circut machine!
- My First Easter SVG File For Cricut
- Free Easter Gnome SVG for Cricut and Silhouette
- Free Easter Basket SVG