We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I was so stoked to make these Easy Cricut Personalized Cups For Kids because they make the perfect party favors–and the kids LOVE them!
Plus, they’re way to easy not to make them, if you’re going to have more than one kid in the house at the time. I mean, I’m so tired of the kids fighting over “that’s my cup!” and “mine, mine, mine!”
It’s like they can’t remember if they got the blue one or the red one! LOL!
But personalized cups for kids? Solves all that and more!
I mean, for all intents and purposes, they simply can’t fight now. There’s a cup with their name on it. Unless they can’t read–but most of mine can at least identify their names.
Well, except for that one kid, but we won’t talk about that. LOL!
But, really, this becomes a kind of perfect activity for an afternoon, when you’re getting ready for a birthday party or whatever. I mean, imagine a bunch of 7-10 (or 20) year olds that get a gift of a cup with their name on it?!
Check out these cool Cricut EasyPress Mini Wedding Koozies!
That’s a way better party favor than getting a silly toy or more candy. Who wants that?! I know I don’t. LOL!
Plus, I don’t know if you noticed, but some of the names on these personalized kids cups I made are kind of unique spellings–and for those kids, they’re not getting just random shirts and stuff.
So, when they see their name on a cup–they get excited. I mean, I would know–I was THAT kid! LOL!
So, I definitely plan to make a few kids’ days with these fun personalized cups for kids. And maybe their whole month.
And, the best part is how they came together so easily. Which is all thanks to the EasyPress Mini and the Cricut. Because, without those two things, I don’t think I’d have had the patience to cut this all out by hand and use an iron (oh, the horror!) to get the lettering on the cups.
So, let’s get to it because this really is an awesome project.
What do I need to make easy Cricut personalized cups for kids?
For this project here is what you need:
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Plastic Wine Tumbler
- Weeding Tool
- Cotton or Paper towel
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Cricut Explore 2 or other Cricut Machine
Grab the font I used here so you can make your own designs with the same look.
And while you are in Design Space, click on images and search for the other amazing images to customize your kids’ cups there. You will not be sorry!
While you’re here check out these other Cricut Ideas.
Make these awesome (and easy) Cricut personalized cups for kids. Learn how to apply vinyl to a cylindrical surface like a cup or mug in minutes!
- Gather all of your supplies.
- Apply the alcohol to your paper towel or cotton clean the area.
- Measure the area.
- Create the design.
- Cut the permanent adhesive vinyl using the settings that match for your machine.
- Remove from the mat and weed out the voided areas.
- Cut a piece of transfer paper just large enough to cover your design
- Place the transfer sheet over your design.
- Use your scraper to remove the air between the design and the transfer paper making sure to scrape both the front and back of the design.
- Remove the paper backing by gently peeling it away
- Place the design onto your cup, I like to secure the middle then 1 side at a time.
- Again use the scraper to transfer the vinyl from the transfer sheet onto the cup.
- Hand wash only.