You are going to love with this cute trick or treat fall doormat. This is one will for sure be the talk of all the trick or treaters as they go door to door collecting their candy.
This Fall makes your own doormat using your Cricut or Silhouette and my free svg cut file.
The beauty is you can use this fall doormat either indoor or outdoor and it holds up well either way.
Fall Doormat with Free SVG
I am sure you have seen the popularity of the coir doormat all over Pinterest and the internet like look at this amazing Custom Outdoor Mat from by Pink. Plus the kiddos would love this fall doormat.
If you have never made your own fall doormat it is easy but its time consuming. But as long as you take your time and have a little patience you won’t have any issue making a fall front door mat such as this.
Where to buy coir mats for DIY fall doormats?
- JoAnne Fabric – usually on sale
- Ikea – low cost everyday price if JoAnne is out
- Home Depot – In a crunch
You will also need multi-surface or outdoor paint. I like this outdoor paint.
This fall doormat is a fairly easy craft, but it is a little time consuming. But when those kids show up to your house with their parents, you will be the talk of the neighborhood.
I think I may do a few more, maybe 1 with some fall leaves and another with a jack-o-lantern.
Tips for making a doormat
- save your transfer tape to use on your other doormats like the fall doormat
- remove the stencil immediately after you coat the paint and then touch up after
- making sure to use outdoor paint if you are going to put your mat outside so that the mat withstands the weather and its elements
- The right brush is important, I use these Custom Outdoor Mat
If you are into making your own custom doormats here are a few more in addition to this fall doormat How To Make A Coir Mat Using Flex Seal Colors and this Dollar Tree Diy Funny Doormat With Free Cut File.
No! It is actually quite quick when you think about it. You just have to give everything the time it needs to dry.
Yes! There are so many crafts you can do with your Cricut and this happens to be one of them as well.